Oct 26, 2011

Pumpkin carving time!!!!

 Saturday night we went and bought the girls a pumpkin and told them we'd carve it Sunday. Sunday came and Greg woke up with a bad sore throat, runny/stuffy, chills and a fever.  So we really didn't do anything Sunday. Monday came with the promise of carving the pumpkin then. Greg once again woke up sicker than Sunday, so he stayed home from work. Poor guy couldn't even talk without his throat throbbing. So I decided to do some crafts with the girls. Aliesha loved doing the projects, Kenzie liked them but her attention span isn't long, so I ended up doing all of hers.  Here's what we did:
 Since Kenzies attention span isn't long she was not willing to get her picture taken.
 Kenzies Ghost: Left; Aliesha's Ghost: Right
Aliesha's Candy corn. Kenzie also made one... Once again short attention span = no picture.

Aliesha also made a pumpkin one, by that time Kenzie went down for her nap so she didn't make one. And I was trying to get crafty and make a spider to put on the wall.  The next morning, Tuesday, Greg woke up still sick. So we got to stay home again. To show case the girls' work I taped them to the wall. I did this when Aliesha was up stairs and when she came down she was so excited to see her work up on the wall. Kenzie was really excited to see her ghost and candy corn up there too.


I hung the spiders up and Kenzie thought they were real. haha.  The little one fell off and Kenzie went over to pick it up but freaked out when she touched it, thinking it was real. It was funny.

Since we didn't get around to the pumpkin on Monday we decided we WILL do it Tuesday! So after some delicious, warm chili for dinner we prepped for the pumpkin carving. The girls were really excited. Aliesha dug right in scooping out all the slime. Kenzie was more hesitant. And she hated touching the slime, but was fine grabbing the seeds.It was funny to see her reaction to the slime. If she would touch it she would pull her hand close to her and shake while making a funny noise. :) I can't really explain it but it was funny. Any ways Daddy and Mommy carved out the design Aliesha picked out and then it was done. Both girls were really happy to see the finished project. Here are some pictures...

 Climbing on the pumpkin




 This was when Kenz touched the slime.

 Slimy Hands
Finished project.

Even though Greg was sick it was fun having him here during the day. I think I need to do better at doing crafts/art projects with the girls, cause they loved doing them. Now that Halloween is almost done I'll have to think of some Thanksgiving ones to have them do. Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. I dont know if you've heard of pinterest. Erika is on there. anyway they have tons of fun craft designs. I'll send you an invite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! Thanks! :) I've visted a couple of times... I don't really know how to work it haha. But I have seen a lot of fun ideas there.

    ReplyDelete