Feb 22, 2012

Change is a good thing.

There are big changes happening within the month. And I'm a little terrified to be honest.
You see I've got myself a job...

It literally happened so fast that I didn't have time to even think of all the things that I'd be missing.
I applied to work at Beehive Sewing Wednesday night. Thursday morning I received a call from Beehive asking if I could come in that day for testing. Unfortunately I couldn't cause Aliesha had school that day and I'm the only one who was able to pick her up. So we scheduled for me to go in Friday morning. So Friday morning came and I tested, and they pulled me in after and offered me the job. I accepted they gave me my hours, which are 3 pm to 11:30 pm. So I'll be working nights. I get home and start thinking about all the things I'll be missing... Putting the girls to bed, Cooking dinner (Not that that was my favorite thing to do.), I won't be here when Greg gets home, If there are any family parties I can't go, no more random game nights with friends, etc. Thinking about all the things I'll miss really sucks! But isn't that what sacrifice means?

I'm so terrified about going to work... what if I mess up? What if I don't sew fast enough, what if I hate it?  You see I have had a total of 2 jobs, one was at a golf course when I was 16 and that was only in the summer time. The other was in a Bakery when I was 18 and that only lasted like maybe 6 months. I don't have a lot of experience with work! Not to mention I have been a stay-at-home mom for 4 years so my social skills aren't that great.

Here's to hoping everything goes well. I tend to worry a lot and then when I actually start things usually aren't as bad as I imagined them to be. I'm going to miss getting the girls ready for bed, and watching them jump into Greg's arms when he opens the door when he gets home. but I think by me having a job will help my family and myself out in more than one way. 

ADULTHOOD HERE I COME.....

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you! It will definitely be a change...and will probably be super hard at first, but if you need anything, let me know.

    I had no idea you could sew! I think everyone has that talent but me...I need to figure out how to use my sewing machine first...but hopefully, someday, I'll be good at it!

    ReplyDelete