I am grateful for pomegranate's. Mmmm Yummy pomegranate's.
This is a must have when it's the holiday's! Love love love them. But have you ever wondered how you cut a pomegranate? Sure you can cut it how ever way you want, if you don't mind cutting half of the delicious berries in half, therefore leaking out the best part,the juice. Then there's the daunting task of plucking out all the other seeds, causing your fingers and possibly you favorite shirt to stain. Man, how can this delicious, fruit be so hard to enjoy! I'm going to show you how to cut a pomegranate and eliminate the juicy mess on your hands and clothes. :)
Step 1:
Cut the knobby thing off. I usually cut 1-2 inches above it
Step 2:
Score the pomegranate
Some people skip step one and go straight to step two. I don't like to do this because I like to see the membrane, that's where you will score. The membrane is the white stuff in the middle and in between the berries.
Step 3:
Now all you do is grab and peel the sections that you just scored. Now don't go all Hulk Hogan on the pomegranate and rip it to shreds, then you will have a huge mess that we are trying to avoid. :) Just pull apart gently, but with some force.
Step 4:
Enjoy.
See now you have full berries and not as much juice running all over the place. :) I like to peel all the berries out and place them in a bowl and eat them that way, but you can eat them straight for the... Shell... If you call it that.
Word of advice, even though we cut the pomegranate in such a way to eliminate a big mess, I would still wear a old T-shirt just in case of any spills or dripping.
It just so happens I have one of those sitting in my fridge waiting to be devoured. I think that just might happen this weekend...especially since you gave such an awesome tutorial on how to cut it open! Thanks for that! It's gonna make my pomegranate eating a much better and less messy attempt :)
ReplyDelete