I am thankful for Challenger.
Challenger is the school Aliesha attends, and she absolutely loves it. She is learning so much from it! Everyday she is so excited for school. She talks about it constantly. They have taught her so much there and I love their curriculum. She is such a smart little girl and I am blessed for her to be able to go to Challenger. I can't wait for the time when McKenzie is able to go to Challenger.
I am thankful for my trials.
Yeah I know trials are no fun. No one wants to deal with the hardships of trials, but I am truly grateful for my trials because they make me who I am. One of my most favorite scripture that I often turn to is. D&C 136:31... "My people must be tried in all things. that they may be prepared to receive the glory that I have for them, even the glory of Zion; and he that will not bear chastisement is not worthy of my kingdom."
It's pretty much self explanatory, but it gives me strength, courage and faith that I can get through anything. And that it is worth something, the celestial kingdom. I'm not going through these trials for nothing it's for the ultimate gift.
I am thankful for prayer.
I'm going to share a personal story, one of which happened very recently. It can also go hand in hand with trials. Greg and I were invited to a party at his friends house. We took the girls to grandma's house for the night and headed off to the party. His friend said she invited about 20 people to come over for food and to watch a big boxing match. During the party I was tried, I could literally feel Satan's power, telling me to just do it. That it was fine. I was curious about this particular thing, and therefore made me weak and vulnerable. I declined, but in the back of my mind I was still fighting with myself, saying it was okay, no biggy. Once again I was faced with this trial and temptation. It's amazing how strong Satan will push and tempt you. I shook my head said thanks and went and sat down next to Greg, still fighting myself. I then got the feeling to pray. I prayed for help, pleaded for help. I didn't know what more to say, but Heavenly Father help me, please, help me. After that my desire went away, my curiousness was gone, I didn't even feel tempted, didn't argue with myself in my head. I was still faced with the trial, but I really felt stronger, and not phased by it. I am so glad that I prayed. It really is a blessing to me to be able to ask for help and receive exactly what I needed. Prayer works, sometimes not instantly, but it works. I am truly grateful that Heavenly Father provided me with the help I needed.
I am thankful Greg.
I know I have already done this, but I think I need to do it again. Greg is my best friend. At that party we were stuck like glue and I am blessed that he was there with me to be my friend and allow me to stick to him. Same with life, I am glad that he is so willing to have me by his side. He is one of the only people that understand me and really know me. He knows my strengths and weaknesses. He makes me a better person. I am grateful that he loves me for who I am.
I am thankful for modern day cleaning supplies.
Even though I hate cleaning, I make sure my house and everything in it is clean. And I am grateful that we have vacuums and cleaners that will help with the cleaning process. I love the smell of a clean house and with out certain cleaning products it would be impossible to achieve that smell. :) Glad my house can smell clean and fresh.
No comments:
Post a Comment