Oct 5, 2011

Well that didn't work

Okay so my shrunken heads didn't work... grr!  I kept checking up on them and they were doing great. I decided the drying process was going to feel a lot longer if I keep looking at them, so I decided to not keep track of them. Well yesterday was exactly one week from when I started the shrunken head apples. I was on the phone with my sister and she asked how the project was going, (She wanted to know how they were doing, so she could start on her own little project herself.) So I checked them and guess what! THEY WERE ALL MOLDY!!!!!!!!!!!!! DISGUSTING!  I was mad! What a waste of 4 apples! I don't know what I did wrong. The salt and lemon bath was supposed to prevent mold from happening. So I don't know if I just didn't add enough salt or lemon juice or what. But the fact is they didn't work out :( So sad, right. Well now I don't what I'm gonna do for some cool decorations... I want to have the kids paint some halloween pictures, and put them up (I had them paint a fall color tree, using their hands as the leaves, and they were so excited to see that I put them up for show.) So I was thinking I'd do the same... Maybe paint the bottom of their feet white, then having them stand on colored paper, making them look like ghosts'. I don't know.
And speaking of halloween, I have NO idea what the girls are going to be. I don't want to go out and buy a 20 + dollar costume for each of them, so I was thinking of home made costumes, but I'm limited talent. So we will see... If you have any ideas on home made costumes let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Were they hanging in your laundry room or kitchen? Moisture from those areas encourage the rotten phase.
    Try doing the quick version, in your oven, that might help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I had it in a closet under the stairs. I have food storage in there as well.

    ReplyDelete