Jul 29, 2011

The fun and the not so fun.

I'll start of with the fun part. 
My Grandparents came home from their 18 month mission, they served in the  Guayaquil, Ecuador mission. unfortunately I couldn't see them come home cause I was at Girls Camp. Their homecoming talk was on the 24th so Greg and I decided we'd go down to Monticello, where they live, 5 hours away from here, to visit with them and listen to their talks. Greg had to work Friday so we left here at 5am! We got there at about 10-10:30ish. Just in enough time for the 24th day parade that the small town was having. We got good seats and the girls LOVED running out in the road to grab the candy! After the parade we left to go to my Grandparents house so we could get all settled in. Everyone came over for a yummy dutch oven dinner. It was so great to catch up with family, especially those whom I haven't seen in a while. The girls did great the whole time down there. Which made it an enjoyable trip. After dinner we went back into town to watch some fireworks, which were pretty much awesome! Greg and I lost the family in some traffic, but in turn we found some pretty awesome seats that werer really close, so close that whenever a firework went off my pants would vibrate! Aliesha and McKenzie loved the fireworks. After that show we all went back to the house. The next morning was church we got all ready and left for church. That day Kenzie was so grumpy! I sat in the loby the whole time, and she was not happy with me. We went back to the house to eat lunch say our goodbyes and then left for the 5 hour trip back home. I am blessed to have very good girls, who love to travel, and who don't mind to sit in a carseat for 5 hours. They were as happy as can be!

And once again I forgot my camera! Grrr... I do that all the time!!!! These are a few from my phone...


 Two happy kids on the way up to Monticello. :)
 Old school tractor in the parade
 Kenzie sitting in Grandma's lap, in the shade.
 Aliesha's crazy face... Don't ask.
Erika and her son Elijah. And Shaylee

Now for the not so fun part.
On the trip back home both Kenz and Liesh were getting a slight cough, nothing serious, but I did notice it. On Monday Greg went back to work and the girls and I carried on in our routine. Everything was going good. Greg got home from work and I made dinner. While Aliesha was eating she was complaining that her ear was hurting her. I thought that maybe she was getting a sore throat and when she would swallow, since ears are connected to the throat, it was bothering her ear. She was also complaing that she was cold, so she wrapped herself up in her blanket and was fine. We went over to my parents house so Greg could help my dad work under the car, and while we were there I took the girls to the park that was down the street. Aliesha rode her bike there and Kenzie walked. They loved the park, but the clouds were getting a little dark so I decided it was time to get back to my Mom's house. When we got back I took the girls in, and started helping my Dad and Greg. Next thing I know my Mom is coming out and telling me that Aliesha feel's really hot and that she's crying. So we took her to the insta care and they checked both ears and said, "Yep she has an ear infection." So they gave us some Amoxicillin and ear drops and then we went home. We gave Leish her meds and went to bed. That next day she wasn't herself, she laid in my bed almost the whole day, watching movies. I kept up on the Motrin and the Tylenol, but her feaver was still 103-104. Greg came home and checked her temp and it was 104.8! So we called the on-call doctor. He said that she'd be fine, but that we do need to give her a cool bath and try to get her temp down. But everything we tried didn't work. We let her sleep in our bed that night, mostly so we could keep an eye on here just in case anything happened. The next day Greg got a call from her doctor saying he wants to see her. So I took both Girls in, he listened to Aliesha's lungs and heard a slight sound, and ordered her a chest xray. (Oh and she didn't even have an ear infection! The doctor at the insta care misdiagnosed her!) So down we went to the lab. One of the doctors said that she'd watch Kenzie while I was in the room with Liesha. So I handed Kenz over and took Leish into the room. Lets just say that Aliesha is one tough girl.... when she doesn't want to do something she will put up a fight! She punched the one lady in the face and then turned around and kicked her all because she didn't want an xray. We were in the stupid room for almost 40 min! I was trying to calm her down but nothing I was saying would help. I was getting frustrated and she was not happy. I finally said a little prayer asking for help. The doctor called up to Liesha's doctor and told him that she was putting up a pretty good fight. She came back and said that we have to do this xray and if she wont do it here they she'd send us up to Primary Childrens. And all of a sudden Aliesha finally went calm and said she'd be a big girl and get the xray. So once we got the xray's the doctor looked at them and said that he saw some streakage, but couldn't determine if it was pneumonia or not and that the only way he could tell was to stick a needle in her lung and extract some of the fluid. YEIKS! But he didn't want to do that to her. So he said to keep giving her the Amoxicillin and see how that works. Finally after 5 day's of a temp as high as 105.4 and never went down to only 103.7 she's finally at her normal 98.7 degrees! YEY! But bad news is she has a bad cough and a head cold, Kenzie has a Cough and a head cold, Greg has a cough and a head cold, and I have a cough and a head cold.... Crappy!!!!!!!!
 Anyways in this whole ordeal I found a blessing in it... Even though the doctor at the insta misdiagnosed her, the Amoxicillin that she prescribed her started beating off the pneumonia that was in her lungs. And since she had been taking the Amoxicillin for two days it was leaving her system when they gave her the xray. If we didn't have that Amoxicillin in her system it could have been much worse.

 Kenzie sleeps a lot when she's not feeling well
 Aliesha and Kenzie laying in my bed watching Princesses and the Frog.
 Cuddle time!
My poor baby, She look 100 times better in this pic than she did two day's ago.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry You guys aren't feeling well. That's no fun. It was good to see you in Monticello though. Abby had TONS of fun playing with your girls. She wanted a sister so bad. :)

    ReplyDelete