Mar 22, 2011

First quilting project and our fun weekend

Okay so this is the quilt I'm going to make. Last weekend, Friday-Sunday, we went down to Roosevelt and visited with Gregs Grandparents and his Aunt. His Aunt is really big into quilting and does a beautiful job at all of her quilts. I also have an Aunt *cough, cough, Kari!* who as well does beautiful quilts. I have always wanted to try my had at sewing. Gregs Aunt gave me this pattern and said that this was a really easy pattern and that anyone could do it. So I'm going to give it a go. So yesterday I went to the fabric center bought me some fabric (which by the way FREAKING expensive!) Then went to Wal Mart and bought the rest of the fabric. I got the fabric and then thought to myself, hmm, now what. Gregs mom sews so I can borrow her sewing machine since I don't have one myself. I need a rotary knife and a ruler to help make nice even clean cuts so I'll need one of those, as well as a cutting mat, which those are about 15 bucks each!  I have no Idea what I am doing. I don't even know where to start! HELP!!! I have no idea what I got myself into. I want to do it but I am seriously overwhelmed with it already. It says.. Quilt in a day project... I think this will take me a couple of months due to supply shortage. If you have any advice for me you know where to comment.

So now for the fun part. last weekend, like I stated above, we went to Roosevelt to visit with Greg's family. We drove up Friday afternoon went out to eat with Greg's cousins that also came up to visit, and then spent the rest of the night visiting and getting settled in. Aliesha loved the 3 hour drive, especially the ride through the mountains! Saturday day we went to Vernal and went to the Dinosaur museum.   

 Aliesha loves Dinosaurs but when we walked in she said she was scared of the big huge dinosaur that was in the middle of the floor. We told her we wanted to take a pic under it but she just wanted away! haha.
                           She was fine with looking at the big Dinosaurs when daddy was holding her. :)
 This is where she got to brush off some wood chips to reveal dinosaur bones! She was having tons of fun at  that station!
 McKenzie found the room with a dinosaur animal in it and carried it with her everywhere! She loved to walk around and explore. The museum was an open room so I stood in the middle and just let her run everywhere!
 I showed her the station where she can dig for dinosaur bones, which she loved!!!! She loves playing in dirt!
                 These rocks glow. They are some type of mineral rock that glow. It was really cool to look at!
                         Kenz was trying to run away so daddy had to go chase her down the spiral ramp.
         This was on the ride home to SLC. Aliesha slept all the way until we came out of Provo canyon!
And McKenzie slept all the way home! It was a nice quiet ride home! Both girls were so worn out from their fun trip I think they are still trying to recoup from it.

Unfortunately we forgot, once again, to take pictures of the girls with their great grandparents. But they loved playing with them. Grandpa is blind and he would roll a ball out to the middle of the floor and the girls would roll it back to him they did this for a good 10 min. Since Greg's family is pretty much all BYU fans we had to watch the basketball game Saturday. Grandma is a HUGE BYU and Jimmer fan. If you mentioned Jimmer she'd jump out of her seat and almost run to the T.V to see if he was on the T.V. And during the game it went to commercial then back on, but the commentators were talking and Grandma says, "Oh why don't you shut up and show the game!" HAHA it was so funny but then after she said that she said,"Oh maybe I shouldn't've said that!" We had so much fun making memories. Both Greg and I needed a break away from work, city, and everything so it was a really nice get-a-way for us. Hopefully there will be a lot more visits like this one! We all love going up and spending time with family.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like that would be a very easy quilt to learn on. Can't wait to see your materials.
    The girls are so cute, looks like they had fun.

    ReplyDelete