Jan 7, 2013

To my Kiddos


I wanted to take some time to jot down some things about Liesha and Kenzie, that I didn't want to forget. And that I don't want them to forget.
I often find myself regretting that I don't write more stuff down. And I know I should cause I have the worst memory ever! I never wrote down when they took their first steps or said their first word. I know how horrible is that!
I have a Sister-in-law who keeps a pad of paper for each of her kids and she'll write down funny things they say, or funny things they do everyday. I kept telling myself that I would do that, but of course I never did.
So I would like to write a few things down while they are on my mind.

Aliesha:
You are a very bright little girl. You always amaze me at how much you know. When mommy and daddy were trying to figure out how we would hide Zoe (Dog) for Christmas I didn't want you to hear what we were talking about. So instead of saying "Zoe" I decided to spell it. You quickly figured it out and asked why we were talking about Zoe.
You love when I do your hair, but you don't like it when I do it how I want it to be done. You tell me how to do it. I try very hard to get your hair how you want it, but lets just face it mommy is not good at hair.
Coloring is you favorite thing to do. You could color all day every day. And I love it when you spell words,that really aren't words, but jumbled up letters, and ask me what it spells.  You do well with writing each letter, and you will soon figure out how to spell actual words.
On Saturday January the 5th daddy pulled out your first baby tooth. You cried at first but as soon as you saw the tooth you laughed and were totally fine. And not to mention you were stoked to have the tooth fairy come. Which she did and she brought you 2 dollars in quarters.
You love primary and you always look forward to going to church. You remind mommy and daddy to say family prayers which I am so thankful for.
Tonight, Sunday Jan. 6th you told me that there was a boy named Payton in your class and that you thought he was cute. Then you added that he was your boyfriend! You are a silly girl.
You love snow. In fact on Christmas day Santa gave you and Kenzie a sled. You stayed out for a long time sledding in the back yard.
You are always so excited to do chores and very rarely do you complain when I ask you to do something. You even one day asked if you could clean the house cause it was messy. And one night when I came home from work daddy let you stay up and while you were waiting for me you cleaned the front room and your room. You are such an awesome helper!
When we moved into the house in September daddy taught you how to ride a two wheeler bike. You were so excited and caught on to it very fast. You didn't even fall down. Not once.
You have been doing very good at sharing with Kenzie. In fact it impresses me that you are so willing to give Kenzie your toy to play with with out a word. Though you have your days of being naughty mommy still loves you and you are a very special, beautiful girl. and I love you.

Kenzie:
You always know how to put a smile on peoples faces. You are one funny pickle.
Today,Sunday, you had your first day in primary and it was a little tough on you. You cried cause you didn't want to go to primary. You wanted to stay in Nursery. After mommy sat with you for a while you were able to go up and help in sharing time. And when you went into your classroom you didn't cry.
You love candy! You would eat if for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner if mommy and daddy would let you.
Speaking of food... You are one picky eater! you will only eat PB&J. and french fries. Oh and bacon... Daddy can get you to do anything when bacon is involved.
You love to listen to music and I absolutely love when you stand on a toat and yell: "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! ARE YOU READY TO ROCK N' ROLL?" Usually it's followed by an awesome song of Twinkle twinkle little star. and a very beautiful dance with lots of spinning.
You like to help mommy and daddy with chores. Which usually consists of putting away your clothes, though at times you don't like to put them in your drawers... You will still, at least, take them to your room.
I love when you play dress-up and come out in a tutu and princess dress.
You also love to wear my high-heels. You say you love to listen to the sound when walking on hard floors.
Grandpa made you and Aliesha some blocks and when we build towers  you are always the first to come running and kicking the tallest tower down, regardless of if it's finished or not.
You are getting so big and you love to do things by your self. You like to dress yourself and most of the time you do a pretty good job at picking out your outfits. Sometimes you come out with black and pink and orange striped leggins with  a long skirt and a T-Shirt with snow boots! I love it.
You always remind mommy and daddy to say our prayers for each meal. and every night when we get ready for bed, Just like your big sister. Thank you for the reminders.
You like when I do your hair just as long as I dont' put pony tails in or clips in. Yep that's right you like your hair brushed straight. Sometimes you will let mommy do pony tails, but you usually pull it out within an hour or so. You, like Aliesha, love to play outside in the snow.
Daddy lets you and Aliesha stay up some nights to see me come home from work, but most of the time you fall a sleep. But I always come in to kiss you goodnight.
You are one active little girl. I think you'll be just like daddy and always have to be doing something.
One night you went into your room to play and I came in to check on you and you took all the books out of your nightstand, and dumped out all your toys in your closet. and you were jumping on the bed. I asked why you made the mess and all you said way I don't know. but I think it was cause you just needed to do something. Mommy loves how curious you always are. You are a beautiful girl. Thank you for always keeping me on my toes.

I truly am blessed to have both of you in my life. I couldn't ask for better kids. They truly are sent to me from Heavenly Father. And I thank him every night for you two. I only hope that mommy can teach you two to become beautiful, respectful women. And I hope we can be really close and talk about everything. And now here's to hoping that I can get better at recording these memories.

LOVE YOU TWO GIRLIE'S! FOREVER AND ALWAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment